We are compelled to fulfill this mission by the promise of all the possible outcomes:
To coalesce, inspire, and support the Head Start field as a leader in early childhood development and education.
- One powerful, united Head Start voice;
- A collegial, collaborative Head Start field, one that is a valuable and valued partner and resource to early childhood development and education;
- Nonpartisan support of increased Federal commitment to Head Start; and, ultimately,
- Healthier, empowered children and families and stronger, more vibrant communities.
To be the untiring voice that will not be quiet until every vulnerable child is served with the Head Start model of support for the whole child, the family, and the community.
To work diligently for policy and institutional changes that ensure all vulnerable children and families have what they need to succeed.
The CT Head Start Association (CTHSA) is a non-profit corporation and is operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States internal revenue law). In furtherance of these purposes, the corporation will provide a state forum for the continued enhancement of the status of children, youth, and families by:
- Organizing activities designed to upgrade the quality and quantity of Head Start/Early Head Start program services.
- Coordinating joint activities for the four (4) Connecticut Head Start/Early Head Start membership groups: Parents, Directors, Staff, and Friends.
- Developing and communicating joint policies, positions, and statements that reflect a consensus of the opinion of the members to lead quality childhood education services in Connecticut.
- Recommending directions for Early Childhood Education, including Head Start/Early Head Start programs, policies, and procedures.